[Ansteorra] Doll Making Workshop at Steppes Warlord

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:52:27 PDT 2006

Greetings Ansteorra,

At Steppe's Warlord I will be hosting a doll-making workshop in the main
hall on Saturday afternoon, beginning at 12:30. We will be making dolls for
children to play with, or dress-up dolls for display with 16th century type
materials and techniques.

The types of dolls we can make include:

Wooden doll, all wooden joints and limbs

Wooden head and limbs with leather body

Wax head with cloth body

Clay head with cloth body

Cloth doll with full body

Cloth doll with bolster body

I will have a limited number of kits available of the different types of
dolls, so if you have a preference, please let me know at least a week prior
to the event so I can have your kit prepared. The kit will include all the
parts to make the doll, including wool fiber to make the doll's wig. If you
want to bring human hair to make your doll's wig we can do that too. There
will also be a basic pattern to design the doll's clothes from. Again, let
me know and I can create a pattern for a preferred style ahead of time. Cost
of the kit is $5.

For the doll's clothes you will need one-quarter of a yard of white linen or
cotton – can be scrap fabric and between one quarter to one half a yard of
"fashion" fabric, - can be silk, velvet, brocade, wool, etc. Fabric should
be lightweight. A cheap place to get just enough fancy fabrics is Goodwill
or other thrift store, in one blouse or skirt.

Other supplies that you will need to bring are basic sewing supplies
(needles, thread, scissors.)

If you have any questions or want to reserve a doll kit, please email me at
garbaholic at gmail.com

HL Alexandria Doyle