[Ansteorra] Thank you to all the Warlord waterbearers!

Elinor Salter elinorsalter at comcast.net
Mon May 29 19:43:41 PDT 2006

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all the people who
volunteered to help provide hydration and heat relief to the fighters at
Steppes Warlord this weekend.  We couldn't have served so many gentles
over two days of tournaments in the Texas heat without all of your
help!  I am conveying not only my thanks, but the words of numerous
fighters and members of the populace who spoke with me personally to
express their gratitude for your service.

(if I have somehow missed your name or butchered the spelling, I humbly
apologize)

Mac Shamas Michol
Olivia Van Meteren
Tsukida Emiko
Maya of Bjornsborg
Alina Mitchell
Rose
Christopher of Rosenfeld
Christine of Rosenfeld
Alexandra of Rosenfeld
Nicholas of Rosenfeld
Malisia DeMolay
Natalie DeMolay
Alec DeMolay
Vara Sigurdsdottir
Jamie Brand
Coraalia
Simon

Among these names are gentles who volunteer as much time as they can
event after event.  I truly valued your experience, wisdom and advice.

Among these names are many members of the youth of Ansteorra, who chose
to aid their kingdom in the unrelenting heat with so many other
activities going on in the shade or air conditioning.

And among these names are people for which this Warlord was _their first
SCA event_.  Words cannot express how impressed I am that you were
willing to roll up your sleeves and ask what you could do to help.

 From what I saw today, our kingdom truly has a bright future ahead of
us if we can count on members like you.

I also want to offer my gratitude to our tireless event stewards Master
Robin and Mistress Serena, for answering my numerous questions
patiently, our chirurgeon Alasdair for his support (and golf cart) and
to the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor (and others I did not catch the name
of) who donated pickles and oranges to our cause.

I hope to see you all at next year's Steppes Warlord!

--
Ly. Elinor Salter
Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra