[Ansteorra] pictures?

Keally Howell/Colleen O'Kelly ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 06:03:48 PST 2006

Greetings,
Laszlo the answer to your hypothetical is that the society minimums are
just that, minimums.  Under our corporate structure, any 'dropping down'
to society minimums won't eliminate our right to increase the standards
where we feel it is appropriate.  The problem of having the society
minimums 'creep up' will only be avoided by watching misguided efforts
to 'kid-proof' our rules.  To use your example, if your hypothetical
Atlantia wanted to use a steel cored sword, that would generally be
introduced as an experimental weapon under controlled conditions,
presumably with armor standards tailored to the modified weapon.  That
fact that a kingdom is conducting an experiment wouldn't have an effect
on society rules until such time as the experimental weapon was approved
society wide.  Given how difficult it is to get approval for any new
weapon or combat style, our history suggests that we are not likely to
see a dramatic shift from the current standards.
We all want our game to be 'safe', but that will always be a relative
measure.  When we try to ignore the fact that we are basically letting
some 300 pound goon* swing a baseball bat at us, then we are heading
down a slippery slope.

With regards,
Alexis

*All goons welcome to apply to join my melee squad ;-)