[Ansteorra] Armor standards (was: Results of Vambrace Poll)

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:43:37 PST 2006

At 04:12 PM 11/3/2006, you wrote:

(snip)

>Downsides?  We might lose some of the specialness of our combat... i'm not
>sure... and we'd lose vambraces and belly protection (only two things I can
>think of off the top of my head).

No, we'd lose *mandatory* vambraces and belly protection, which isn't
quite the same thing. Fighters could still wear the extra armor if
they wanted to. (FWIW, the rapier folks have already gone down that
road--the Corporate rules for rapier armor are pretty much standard
across the kingdoms; the major difference is whether a kingdom allows
heavy blades, light blades or both. But there still seems to be a
fair amount of cultural differences even with a uniform aromr standard.)

         -Tivar Moondragon