[Ansteorra] Change in Ansteorra

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:19:47 PST 2006

Salut cozyns,

Okay, we're getting clearer. A couple items of note, in reverse order of
occurence. Her Excellency dit qe:

> > as for the suggestion that "we need to adjust our armor standards to
> > be more in line with Kingdom Q," please put it out of your head.
>
>Not an easy thing to put out of one’s mind when the proposal is that we
>adopt corporate armor standards across the board to put us in line with
>every other kingdom. Or did I miss the point?

Yes, Excellency, I think you might have missed the point. Or I might have
misstated it. Two points, really:

First, reducing our armor standards to SCA minimums would not be adopting
corporate standards. We already rely on the corporate standards. To that
extent, we're already in line with every other kingdom. Essentially, we'd be
scraping off a lot of extra stuff we've layered on over the years.

Secondly, although three kingdoms (possibly a couple of others) have already
taken the step we're suggesting (eliminating additional armor restrictions
over the SCA minimums), taking that step would not put us in line with every
other kingdom. If, at some future date, other kingdoms saw the wisdom in
doing this, that change would ultimately simplify interkingdom activities
and travel.

Also, as for the rebel Ansteorrans:

> > Third, honestly, that whole rebellious Ansteorra thang is ancient
> > history.
>
>You think so? I doubt it. I don’t think all the Ansteorran rebels are
>dead and gone by a long shot. It just takes sufficient cause to
>motivate them to action. Thereagain, I’m sure YMMV.

Oh, I know the rebels are mostly still alive and no doubt as ornery as ever.
What I meant is that the corporate perception of Ansteorra as a rebellious
hinterland is ancient history. Local memory is always longer than
bureaucratic memory.

lo vostre per vos servir
Meser Lyonel
Dum doceo disco