[Ansteorra] Results of Vambrace Poll

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:09:10 PST 2006

Michael, my apologies for being confusing :)  The options were to mean :

"Yes." -> Ansteorra should abandon any kingdom-specific armour requirements,
and just use SCA minimums.
"No." -> Ansteorra should continue requiring:
            Vambraces.
            Around the front torso covering.
            Any other Ansteorra-specific requirements that aren't coming to
mind.
"Yes, plus vambraces." -> Ansteorra should have all minimums, and then
require vambraces in addition to SCA minimums.

Does that make more clear?

I was no wanting to affect other kingdoms really, just us.

JP

On 11/3/06, Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Jean Paul de Sens wrote:
>
> > Ok, I wrote the poll, and then meant to make it active Monday, but I
> > accidentally published the new poll, and some people have already
> > responded,
> > so we'll go ahead with the new poll now...
> >
> > "Should we set ourselves down to SCA level armour"
> >
> > Please vote at :
> > http://marshal.ansteorra.org/armored/
> >
> > Jean Paul
> >

> I'm sorry, Jean Paul... I *think* I understand your question, but I'm
> not 100% sure. Could you please restate it?
>
> (I take you to mean something like "Ansteorra armor standards are
> currently more strict than those set by Corporate. Should we lower
> Ansteorra armor standards to match those set by Corporate?" That's a
> very interesting question, by the way, because it invites other
> questions. For example:
>
> * If "yes", then should we specify any armor standards at all in the
> Ansteorra rules? Or should we simply ratify whatever standards are
> set by Corporate?
>
> * If "no", then should we be lobbying other kingdoms and/or Corporate
> to bring their standards up to ours? Should we care whether other
> kingdoms have different (possibly lower) standards than ours?)
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Michael Silverhands

"Everybody works, no one quits."