[Ansteorra] Armour Standards

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 15:15:21 PST 2006

I think I voted yes to dropping standards to sca mim. but after some thought I have a few questions. I would like to know if those Kingdoms with higher calibrations also have 7 1/2 ft unpadded glaves with rules about "excessive force", or if they use a 90 degree rule. If so how have people fared in those Kingdoms w/out vams or gorgets under their aventails? How many broken arms or throat/neck injuries? Also another consideration is how active the majority of the fighters there are. What do the Chiv. wear on their arms and necks? I have seen large cuffs on the gauntlets to protect the arms on many fighters that wear no vams. Are there local "rules" or "etiquette" about not hitting the arms? I have no doubt that most fighters here in Ansteorra will continue to wear all or most of that they wear now ( Sir Asif not withstanding ).

  Lochlan Dunn