[Ansteorra] Armour Standards

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 09:59:00 PST 2006

  1.Do we make one kingdom officer do it once (each time the rules are
revised), and collate the rules into one document?

  Yes! The Kingdom Earl Marshal, I believe, would be responsible for the web version of our fighters manual, which could easily be a cut and paste of the Society rules, or a link to them, with a separate ( and hopefully single ) page of addenda. The same goes for printed versions. Simply print the corporate guidelines...add addenda page...presto changeo...one Ansteorran Fighters Handbook.

2.Or do we make every marshal and every fighter do it countless times,
every time they want to look up a rule?

  Every Knight Marshal should have an updated copy of the Fighters Handbook, be it the Societies, Societies plus addenda, or a "purely" Ansteorran version. That makes an answer available at all practices and events.

3.(And given that the society rules might not all be in one place, but
might be scattered among various controlling documents, then whoever
is making reference to the Society rules is required to have a
certain level of expertise at navigating them. That's not so bad when
the requirement falls on one kingdom officer; that "level of
expertise" just becomes a requirement of the job, and not a terribly
unreasonable one at that. But it can be a real problem when the
requirement falls to everyone who needs to reference those documents.)

  It is known that there are a few rules and regulations that been decided upon by the Society and Kingdom Earl marshals that are not written down yet. There are rules and regs. in the Seneschal's Handbook for practices and events. There are "Gulf War Rules". Whosoever designs the web page and/or Handbook should mention, direct to, or copy those rules. Again if/when more changes occur, print the addenda...add the addenda....PrestO ChangeO... You are updated.