[Ansteorra] food safety at events and in emergencies

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 9 22:44:01 PST 2006

Greetings Ansteorrans,

This message came across the SCA-Cooks list yesterday. I thought some
of the material in here would be useful to folks in this kingdom so
I'm reposting this here. While most headcooks hopefully are already
aware of how to handle and serve foods safely, it is also good that
anyone cooking in a feast kitchen also be aware of these details.

The pamphlet on handling food safely after disasters such as
hurricanes would also be a good thing for folks to read. Many of the
recommended items many folks in the SCA are likely to already have
due to needing such things for SCA outdoor events. However, do you
know where your items such as propane stoves and extra fuel are?
Could you locate all those items in a few minutes if you had to
suddenly evacuate your home?

Stefan