[Ansteorra] Roman Garb

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 16 17:30:15 PST 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 6:36 PM, Hillary Greenslade wrote:
> In honor of our Ansteorran heirs, Romanius and Deanna, some of you
> may wish to create Roman Garb
> to wear during their reign.  I found this list of websites on roman
> garb and roman themed
> reenactment groups, from the medieval trivia yahoo group, enjoy.
> Hillary
> Posted by: "Shane B"
> Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:47 am (PST)
>
>> There are plenty of roman groups out there with the info you
>> seek. Here are some of their web sites.
>> If you want more just google up Legio and see what pops up
>>
>> <http://www.larp.com/legioxx/civcloth.html
>> http://www.larp.com/legioxx/civcloth.html
>> http://www.legionxxiv.org/
>> <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/3296/index.htm
>> http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/3296/index.htm
>> http://legxv.uio.no/

Perhaps these two files in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium
might also be of interest:

cl-Rom-Brit-art   (18K) 10/17/95    "Basic Romano-British Clothing"
by Sion Glas
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Rom-Brit-art.html
cl-Romans-msg     (12K) 12/29/02    Clothing of Classical Rome. Togas.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cl-Romans-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas