[Ansteorra] thank-yous for this weekend

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 05:21:22 PST 2006

I owe a debt of thanks to my Ansteorran family for this weekend.  Many people who I did not know before the event came by Friday night to help set up for the vigil and the party.  Mistress Clarissa and Mistress Meadbhb did a magnificent feast for Friday night.  Without Clarissa's husband,  HL Johan I could not have loaded the trailer Sat. morning before the ceremony or taken down the pavillions.  His knowledge of "stuff" amazes me.  For all those who asked, Lady Hanna from Elfsea made all the flag banners and Mistress Dyan de Loch made the heraldic banner.  Her Grace Chiara made Giotto's knighting dress...uhh..I mean, coppa<G>, and his herald was Lord Lazlo from Bryn Gwylad.  I was so touched by the number of our present SCA family here in BG who came by to help, Sir Lyonel, Sir Gideon and HL Bridgette (ask Giotto to see his new horse barding...wow Bridgette!), Don Dore (congratulations to you BTW) and his beautiful lady Claire,captain of the BG guard, who brought the
 spears for the guards to use, Colin and Isabella .(If I have forgotten to name someone, please blame the Long Island Fountain<G>  And then there were so many of our family from Greywood and Loch Reyburn...Blue Moon (if you know who we are , you are really old..LOL), HL Grim (congrats to him on his new Star of Merit...well deserved), Don Shea (new court Baron...and entertainer extrodinarLOL), Don Ansgar, House McRath, Sir Henri and Mistress Charla without whom none of this would have been possible, Mistress Kasilda and Sir Karl who provided us with so much...Baron Godwyn was truely outstanding with his reading of the roll of Chivalry and yes, you CAN get the song Sir Kenneth did on his CD.<G> I recommend it highly.  We appreciated all the centurians who showed up to stand guard and honor Giotto in his ceremony including Centurian Liam who loaned us his trailor so we could get all that stuff there<G> If I have forgotten anyone or anything, I'm sure someone in my house can
 add on.:)  Saundra and Uther, I love you very much..our kids won't read this but they worked SO hard too.
  For me, the most memorable part of the event, was watching both His Majesty AND Her Majesty deliver the last unanswered blow to Giotto...Ansteorra rocks.
  gwyneth