[Ansteorra] Change in Ansteorra (was Re: Results of Vambrace Poll)

Adam Edwards wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Tue Nov 7 11:31:47 PST 2006

Hello Everyone,
    I've been staying out of this conversation since I've relocated to
the East but on being
Ansteorran... I think I can say without question that the armor I'm
wearing is not what people
notice up here.  I fight in Ansteorran minimum + Greaves and people here
are fighting in MUCH
more even though the East is SCA minimum Kingdom.  Anyway, the things
people notice most, in
no particular order...

I get into Garb as quickly as I can at an event and stay in it longer
than most...
I use a larger shield and stand sideways...
I'm still hard to hit after I switched to a Dorito shield...
I hit hard, fast and can throw shots from nowhere...
(Mostly because the Ansteorran 'Snap' requires little/no hip action to work)
I don't walk on my knees
I salute the Thrones, Occupied or not ..
and I do not understand taking off my weapons in court

There are definitely differences between Ansteorra and the rest of the
Known World but very few
of them come from the CPH.

In Service to Crown and Kingdom,
    Lord Wilim Penbras

PS - Our relatively small library of Laws and Regulations is one of the
things that makes us
Ansteorran not to mention the fact that we can discuss eliminating some
of the redundant ones.