[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Mon Oct 2 12:29:16 PDT 2006

> What I DON"T like is someone who just comes up and takes something
> away from me. While a well-intentioned gesture, the person should
> always offer rather than take. It might be something the lady does not
> wish others to carry, no matter how heavy. It also falls under the
> "don't touch something that belongs to someone else without their
> permission" rule. Unless you see something threatening to fall, just
> offer. If it's falling, rescue it, and offer it back to her, at the
> same time offering to carry it for her instead.

AMEN to this one!!!  Someone just "grabbing" something from me, even if it
is done with the intent to assist me, is likely to end up hurt, as I have
personal space issues.  Something I am carrying that is obviously too heavy
for me but is also something I do not trust anyone else to carry, I might be
willing to share the burden, they take one side I take the other.  But I do
agree that we ladies should be as courteous in refusal as they are in
offering assistance.

Elizabeta