[Ansteorra] wasWhat are we here for?scary story

Randy Nicholson rnicholson2 at gvtc.com
Tue Oct 3 07:17:05 PDT 2006

Very well said Your Grace, very well said indeed!  We get out of the SCA
what we put in to it.  If we want to participate in the dream we have to be
willing to work hard at making it happen not just for ourselves, but for
those around us as well.  I think we all have a responsibility for helping
to create 'the dream' for our brethren.  It can sometimes be hard work but
it is certainly worth it.  Otherwise, as you pointed out, why are we here?
Just as a social club where the only distinguishing factor between us and
other social clubs is that we wear garb and hit each other with sticks?  I
hope not!  Within the ideals that have been handed down to us over the years
and through the traditions of the SCA are the standards that set us apart.

Ld. Robert de Bray