[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

Sue Delk ladydds at verizon.net
Mon Oct 2 11:29:13 PDT 2006

Count Guthar,

    Thank you for your missive.  I am a lady whose lord husband does not play SCA.  I don't have somebody who can always tote and haul things when I go to SCA events.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate someone helping me carry my things or help setting up my camp.  The basic acts of chivalry are one of the reasons why I keep playing SCA, but I see fewer acts of it anymore, and it saddens me.  I sometimes feel guilty even asking someone to help, when it shouldn't be that way.
    Thank you for the reminder that we are here not only to play the game we enjoy, but to help and serve others.  I hope gracious ladies will always respond kindly with a "Thank You" at the very least.
    You are an inspiration to others, and I do hope to see more acts like this in the future.

In service to Crown and Kingdom,
HL Genevieve del Gamba