[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

Lisa May maaggie1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 15:20:23 PDT 2006

I had to grin when I read Lady Maria's admission of feeling all "gooshy"
inside when one of our gallants acts gallantly!  I well remember the first
time I was treated like a fragile flower and a lady of the highest estate,
during my first event back in 1990.  Maria's absolutely right.  I blushed, I
stammered, I felt more special than I'd felt in years, and "gooshy" is the
perfect word for that warm feeling I felt for the rest of the day.  While I
always appreciate being offered such courtesies, in thinking about it, I
believe I've allowed myself to become a bit blase about it over the years,
and that's so very wrong!

To all you gentlemen out there who have offered your arms, your strong backs
and your gallant attentions to ladies over the years, please know how very
much it is appreciated by us.  Gunther's posting should be a wake-up call to
all of us to pay more attention to the things that make our time at events
so different from our lives during the week - not just the obvious things
like clothing and activities, but the courtesies and the gentle flirting and
the chivalrous behavior that add to the experience of being a noble lady or
gentleman in our current middle ages.  I promise I'll do so!

Maggie

Countess Margaret ny Connor
Barony of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra