[Ansteorra] Fall Court...Gentlemen Start Your Puckers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 23:21:28 PDT 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Judie Willey wrote:
> A Gentle reminder that we will be having a hand kissing competition
> at Fall
> Court this weekend...This is your chance to show off your Courtly Hand
> Kissing skills to the ladies. Ladies...I need judges for this :)
>
> Watch for Ladies wearing blue ribbons upon their clothing for they
> will be
> judging your skills throughout the day.
>
> Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
> Event Steward

Perhaps this file in the NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium might
be of use:
courtesy-msg      (32K)  1/19/96    Courtesy guidelines in the SCA
and period.
                                        Hand-kissing and bowing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/courtesy-msg.html

There is also a bit on this in this file in the PERSONAS section:
Persona-CMA-art   (13K)  2/18/05    "Persona in the Current Middle
Ages -
                                        Guidelines to persona play"
                                        by Mistress Willow de Wisp..
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Persona-CMA-art.html

Hmmm. I thought I had an article specifically on hand kissing, but I
can't find one. So, if someone has written one or would be willing to
write one, I'd be interested in considering it for the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com