[Ansteorra] To all charter painters....help please

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 11:19:31 PDT 2006

--- ansteorra-request at lists.ansteorra.org wrote:
From: Robin Craig <robinec at cox.net>
Subject: [Ansteorra] To all charter painters....help please
To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
""Do you know who we normally should be sending charters to and how to
contact them?  I generally turn my scrolls in at kingdom events, but
it would be nice to get the correct info.
Thanks!
Robin Anderson of Ross""

Greetings Robin and other scribes,
There are several ways to send scrolls up the food chain to Sable Scroll, the scribe that works
directly on Charters scrolls for the Crown.  Send your painted charters to your Scribes Guild
head, your Regional Scribes deputy, Sable Scroll or Star Signet.  Please be sure to lightly pencil
your name on the back of the charters, so we know who painted them.

Most scrolls are hand-carried to Sable Scroll via volunteer couriers in the kingdom.  For example,
I just received a packet of scrolls from the Northern Region at Crown Tourney a week ago, from
Lord Duncan of Namron, and sent back with him charter masters to HL Anya, Northern Regional
Scribe.  Sable Scroll will recieve that packet from the North this week when we meet.

You can also mail charters, but the postal services will often fold scroll envelopes if you don't
put in a hard cardboard in the package to prohibit folding... and we really don't like scrolls
folded.

As Sable Scroll and I live in the same Barony Stargate, you can get them to me, I'll get them to
Sable Scroll.   Additionally, Lady Mea Passavanti, Head-of-Entourage, is also from the same Barony
Stargate, and has agreed to accept scrolls at events the Crown is attending, and will pass them to
Sable Scroll.  I regularly post my progress on the Ansteorran Scribes list, 'Scriptorus', so
scribes know when they can turn scrolls in; which currently is: Gate's Edge, Bjornsborg 'Lion's,
Bryn Gwlad (maybe), Rosenfeld, Rose's Tourney, Bordermarch - busy fall.

If you are wanting charters to paint, please contact your Regional Scribe Deputies, they are
listed in the back of the Black Star.

If there are other questions on scribal subjects, I'm at your service,
Regards, Hillary, Star Signet