[Ansteorra] Spinning question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 11 11:36:14 PDT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 11:58 AM, Chelsea Williams wrote:

> Good gentles of the Ansteorran list,
> I was wondering if any of you that spin had a good suggestion for a
> book
> about spinning. I'm interested in it and if I read a book about it and
> answer some questions, I get extra credit in one of my classes. I
> figured
> this was the place to turn to.
>
> -Lady Grainne Kathleen NicPadraig MacDaniel

Are you interested in drop spindles or spinning wheel?

You can find some info on both in this file in the TEXTILE ARTS
section of the Florilegium as well as some book recommendations.

spinning-msg      (52K)  6/23/00    Spinning wheels, spindles.
techniques.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/spinning-msg.html

For info on spinning wheels, I highly recommend this book. It goes
into the history of spinning wheels and describes the different types
of wheels and when they came info use:

Spinning Wheels, Spinners and Spinning
Baines, Patricia
ISBN: 0-7134-6205-1