[Ansteorra] Courtesy challenge

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 20:22:26 PDT 2006

>Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
>What a lovely fad, though, short lived or not.  So much nicer to  recreate
>than Machiavellian attitudes, back-stabbing politics, and endless  grasping
>for personal gain.  Maybe I've just been around too long, and  remember the
>Dream as it used to be.

I believe you are suggesting a false dichotomy, as though if a person chose
not to pursue the one thing, they must in fact be pursuing the other.  This
is fallacious.

As for the Dream as it used to be, but I believe the "Machiavellian
attitudes, back-stabbing politics, and endless  grasping for personal gain"
have been a part of the Current Middle Ages far longer than the more than
quarter century I've been aware of, and the two decades I've been a member
of the Society.

Marc/Diarmaid