[Ansteorra] Austin Celtic Festival

Jan Van Zandt hejanais at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 13:24:07 PDT 2006

Greetings,

  There will be major SCA demos hosted by the Shire of Ffynnon Gath at the Austin Celtic Festival.  The Festival will be held on November 4th and 5th from noon to 6pm at Fiesta Gardens on the river in Austin. We will put on heavy and light weapons demos and and will provide a boffer 'Fight a Knight' as a children's activity on both days.   We realize this in direct competition with Three Kings, but if you can't make it to the event, come play with us at the demos.  There are all kinds of vendors and great Celtic music all day long on both days.

   EFFECTIVE this year we are required to give the festival officials in advance of the festival a list of the names of all the SCAers who are participating.  In years past you could get in the festival gate by simply presenting yourself in garb and identifying yourself as SCA.  NO MORE.  When you come to the gate if your name is not on the list, you can't get in for free.  So even if you are not sure you can come, but there is the possibility you might make it, please send me your information - better to be on the list and not show than to have to pay $10.00 to get in the gate after you've driven a long way.   We will also need heralds, marshals and waterbearers as well as representatives of the populace dressed in their finery who can lounge in the shade and watch the fighting.

  If you are traveling from afar and need crash space, please let me know and arrangements will be made.

  More information can be found at http://www.austincelts.org/festival/.

  Hope to see you there,
  Baroness Janais
  Liason to the Austin Celtic Festival