[Ansteorra] Terms Coronets when to use

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 16 07:27:30 PDT 2006

While ducal, county, and baronial title holders wear coronets, I've never heard them referred to as Coronets in the way Kings and Queens are referred to as The Crown.  I've only ever heard Territorial and Crown Princes/Princesses referred to as "The Coronet".

My take on baronial thrones is that those seats are tied to the land, and all land is the providence of the Crown, making them thrones.  Barons and Baronesses are the representatives of the Crown for that particular land and therefore sit in those thrones in the absence of the Crown.  When the Crown is present at an event, the Crown occupies the thrones, and the B&B sit "in state" in TRM's presence.  Usually the Crown travels with their own thrones, so the barony's thrones are moved off center to acknowledge the "position of honor" to TRM's thrones.

Alden Drake
Former Stargate Throne Assembler