[Ansteorra] escorting people to the thrones

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Oct 16 08:05:50 PDT 2006

As someone who is generally a klutz, and tends to get the nervous shakes when
called into court, having my husband's strong arm to lean on (or, in his
absence, that of a friend) is really helpful. I've also had difficulty rising
from a kneel, and nearly fell flat on my face the last time I was in court from
stepping on the inside of a long skirt.

Speaking as (mundanely) a feminist and to use that lingo, I don't feel that
being escorted into court lessens my 'power' or takes attention away from me in
any way. It makes me feel pampered, valued, treasured and cared for - it
increases my sense of femininity. It makes me feel that the endeavors that
caused me to be called into court are actively supported by my spouse, and that
he is proud of my achievements. That's really important to me as a woman, and
as his partner.

I have had instance where my Lord was not present, and I was called into court.
And yes, two gentlemen did leap up to provide escort - but it didn't feel
farcical or as if they were trying to 'steal' the spotlight... To me, anyway,
it felt as if they were attempting, in the form of their escort, to do
additional honor to the moment. It didn't make me feel less empowered, less
honored, less anything - quite the opposite.

Just another viewpoint,

respectfully,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya