[Ansteorra] Children and Feasting at Steppes 12th Night

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Tue Oct 24 02:50:06 PDT 2006

In a message dated 10/23/2006 8:34:06 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
littledragon0861 at gmail.com writes:

Steppes  12th Night Celebrations is fast approaching, and I have been asked
by a few  people if we have a separate menu for the children, as they have
concerns  as to what their children will and will not eat. So basically I
need to  find out now approximately  how many  children people will  be
bringing to the event and how many of those will be  feasting.

One of the things that I have always enjoyed most about taking my children
to events was watching them at feast.  I always found that they were more  apt
to try things at an event that they never would have tasted at home.   Even my
biggest food critic, our middle son, who would have none of any  dish that he
could not readily identify, would eat virtually anything at a  feast.  It was
a chance to expose him to different tastes and cultures, and  somehow when he
was in garb at an event, he was a different child at the feast  table.  He
would eat lamb, duck, venison, etc.  I can assure you  that this would have
never happened at home.  The medieval feast is a  great opportunity for children
to step outside of themselves,  too.

Caterina