[Ansteorra] Legacy of Lions

Carolle Ternus cternus at texas.net
Tue Oct 24 19:32:45 PDT 2006

Sir Corwin and Ansteorra,

We're very glad you liked our tournament and our event.  There were between
40 and 50 combatants, and all did splendidly.  It's taken a few days to get
our thoughts together regarding thanks and champions and all the rest.

We want to thank the enormous event staff for working so hard to put on such
a great event.  It took the whole barony and even some folks from out of
town to help put this thing together.  We also want to thank those that
traveled from near and far to attend.  We had champions chosen from as far
south as Seawinds and as far North as Mooneschadowe.  We had combatants from
every region.

It was 30 years ago, that we were made into a barony, and it brought us joy
to share the day and tournament with you all.  Without a bunch of people
from all over Ansteorra thinking Legacy of Lions was where they wanted to
spend their weekend, it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

The event this weekend was a labor of love, our love for past tournaments
and future, for Ansteorra, for pageantry and virtue.  This is not your usual
tournament.  Being chosen as a champion has little to do with just winning
fights and much to do with panache, heroism, taking chances and reaching for
glory.

If you enjoyed Legacy of Lions, if you would like to see its like again,
write to us or this forum and let us know.

Regarding Champions:

Defenders of Lyonesse:
Centurion Tarquin
Centurion Ysfael
new Centurion (and Master) Oxy-san
HE Daffi-san
Lord Lochlan

Pride of Lions:
HG Mahdi
HG Hoegaarden
Haroun
Sir Richard
Lord Robert du Bray

Mace Crest Tournament:
Best Crest: Sir Lyonel
Best Death of a Crest: Sir Godwin (his crest had little soldiers that his
dragon crest had eaten)
Winner of Crest Melee: Centurion Kayle

A&S:
Favorite artisan chosen by the Daughter of Lions: Baroness Suzanne
Favorite artisan chosen by the Daughter of Lyonesse: HL Amata
Favorite artisan chosen by the Baron and Baroness: HL Amata

Pumpkin carving contest: Mistress Rose

Letter of intent that pleased us most: HE Armand's painted and callig'd
letter with woven seal tag and glass bead (done by HE Ameline), closely
followed by Sir Lyonel's poem.

Thank you all dearly, old friends of 30 years or more and new friends of
just this past weekend.

Radegund of Tours and Godwyn Alfricson
Baroness and Baron of Bjornsborg