[Ansteorra] A question for the ladies

Sandra D lady_sabine_dubois at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 04:58:46 PDT 2006

And the flattery in this email is a good example of why you are never without company at an event.  Very nicely put.
  Huzzah!

george basore <murray_kinsman at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Milord,
I MUST take exception with your oppinion of the
gentle ladies of the former canton of River's Run.
In the first place,I have yet to run into "run of
the mill", anybody, in the SCA. Much less here in the
far northern reaches of Ansteorra.
If you have the slightest hope of "Finding a lady
at an event.", I advise you to improve your courtly
manners, upgrade your vernacular to a more chivalrous,
POLITELY flirtatious tone, and, above ALL, do NOT walk
into an event with a "Gods' gift to women" attitude.
The Ladies of Ansteorra are, by far the finest, most
gracious ladies in the knowne world, but they will not
tolerate being looked down on, as they are far too
accustomed to the pedestal that most men in Ansteorra
put them,deservedly, upon.
I suggest you rethink your approach to these
gracious ladies.
I NEVER have any problem being in the company of
several gentle ladies at any event I attend.

Ld High Adm Robert Haddock: Commander in Chief, Ansteorran Royal Navy(By Wind & Wave, This We Shall Defend)
Cheiftain, Clan Haddock(Clann Abair Cach); Personal bodyguard, Triumvirs of House Lightning Mist ;
Shieldbrother to Lord Gunnar of Gunnarsstead; Nightwolf, Head of house-Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis, River's Run Chapter

Ansteorra expects that we do our duty. You cannot do more, you should never want to do less.
To do your duty is not to do all that is expected of you, nor is it to do your best. To do your duty is to do everything you can find that needs done, and do it exactly right. Then find more that can be done, and do it, also.