[Ansteorra] wax inside of period drinking vessels

Maleah baroness_maleah at cox.net
Fri Oct 27 14:31:47 PDT 2006

Sorry folks, I fell into another one of those 21st centuryisms, paraffin =
wax. The vessels I saw in the V&A were wax-lined, most probably beeswax but
the card identifying them was not specific about the wax. They were labeled
as medicinal containers. My best guess assumption would be to protect the
contents from moisture etc. to retain potency, but that is an assumption
based on my 21st century medical knowledge. Thanks for all who gave input to
this discussion. One of the things this list is supposed to be for,
disseminating knowledge.

Hashieka Maleah
(that's Baroness for all you Franks)