[Ansteorra] Lead *Rant* (you may want to avert your eyes)

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 21:44:39 PDT 2006

Okay...hmmm...

You're talking about we, who live in the US,
where stupidity is rewarded by large settlements...

and long term campaigns using simple, definitive terms,
have been waged to inform the people who are the
lowest common denominator in regard to their awareness
won't accidentally kill themselves or their children.

You should hear my rant about how the government shouldn't
regulate according to the idiot that intentionally overdoses or
uses something for other than it's prescribed use... ;)

L DeerSlayer

Marc Carlson <marccarlson20 at hotmail.com> wrote: This is one of my long standing pet peeves.  Is lead dangerous?  Of course
it is.  Is our culture so hyper-paranoid about lead poisining that we
believe that any contact with it will kill you?  Of course it is.

A build up of lead is dangerous, and eating lead paint will help that build
up very quickly in small children.  So will breathing in all the tons of
lead we dumped into the air throughout the 20th century (and many countries
are still doing -- the US at least cut back through emissions standards,
although these may be being set aside in some cases - different rant).  This
is why people have gotten so paranoid about things like lead glazes.
Sometimes, with very acidic materials, sugar of lead will leach into food,
but you can usually tell from the white bits (and the taste) when that is
happening.

Of course, rather than teach people how to recognize a problem, we legislate
that, and re-enforce that legislation with mythology, and -- never mind.
It's pointless...

*mutter*

Marc/Diarmaid