[Ansteorra] wax inside of period drinking vessels

Paul DeLisle ferret at hot.rr.com
Sat Oct 28 05:41:31 PDT 2006

Actually, if they were "medicinal" containers...they could easily have been
apothecary- or chemist's-jars....those could have contained High-molar acids
or bases, and wax is a good liner for those materials (they would eat any
plain pottery material away, fired or not.)

In Service, I remain
Alden Pharamond
Tir Meoin, Ansteorra
(...and still full of useless information...)