[Ansteorra] What are we here for?

medicfem at aol.com medicfem at aol.com
Mon Oct 2 19:53:02 PDT 2006

I must recount a wonderful story that made me smile this weekend.

Two young girls were carrying a large feast basket into the hall. One said aloud, " Hey boy! Come help us!" Looking up at this obviously oblivious young gentlemen at the top of the stairs. Who's reply was, " Huh? Why?"
The part that made me really smile was how Centurion Evets jumped up from his seat at the top of the stairs, approached the young ladies and with grateful eyes of acceptance, they allowed the towering Evets to take the basket up the stairs into the hall.

But what really made me smile, was the cheers from the ladies sitting on the picnic table and the girls saying something like, "that how a really man does it."

Moral of the story:

If you want to hear word fame from one of the old bitties at the table watching, at least offer to take the basket.

wink,

Caley