[Ansteorra] MUNDANE DOG SAFETY

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 08:31:23 PDT 2006

I am so happy to hear that snowball will be ok...the other food to beware of
is onions....while garlic is very good for your dog...onions can be deadly
as they thin the blood. Grapes are actually ok, as long as they are the
seedless kind...but dont give them raisins.

YIS
Hadassah

On 10/6/06, Alice Morrow Harris <AliceMorrowHarris at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Greetings From Alina Unto All:
>
> As I'm a lover of chocolate, my lord husband got me some chocolate.
> Later that night (Wednesday) our dog, Snowball was more hyper than he
> usually is. He was barking, running, jumping, and just not able to
> calm down. We were tired so we went to bed and put him in his box.
> During the night he found a way out of his box. We woke up to find
> multiple messes (I won't describe) on the carpet and tile. We have
> three cats plus Snowball so we unsure who might have done the
> messes.  A little before lunch I finally realized who did it as I saw
> shredded candy wrapping paper in a section of the living room.
> Something clicked, while we were getting ready for bed Snowball got a
> hold of the big HERSHEY SPECIAL DARK chocolate my lord Stefan gave me
> last night. I took him to the vet with what was left of the wrapper.
> The vet checked his blood and found Snowball to be dehydrated. He
> was  put on an IV to get liquids in him. He spent the night at the
> animal hospital for over-night observation and continuation of his IV
> fluids.
> It looks like he will make a full recovery since the chocolate is
> coming out of his system from his front and back. He went back to the
> vet this morning for observation during the day. Since he is kinda
> back to his old self  and if he doesn't make another  mess, he might
> be able to come home tonight. So the keep any candy, especially
> chocolate away from your dog. October is candy month because
> Halloween. The vet said chocolate is like speed to human and your dog
> will do some serious tripping if they get a hold of it.  I also read
> raisin and grapes is also harmful to dogs.
>
> Happy Now  While Learned A Lesson,
> Alina

Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi
MoC Barony of Steppes