[Ansteorra] Merchanting Info.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 6 16:51:44 PDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 6:36 PM, olaf gunnarson wrote:
> Can someone please contact me off list and advise me of the rules
> governing merchanting in the SCA?
>
>   olafr_gunnarson at yahoo.com

As far as I know there are no Society wide rules for merchanting in
the SCA. The rules for merchanting are determined by the event. Most
will allow it. Some won't. Some require the merchant to apply ahead
of time and may have a limited number of merchanting slots. Others
are simply a matter of going to the event and setting up.

There may also be restrictions put in place by the site owners or by
the State. I seem to remember that Oklahoma changed some rules making
it much more difficult to merchant within that state.

You might find this file in the COMMERCE section of the Florilegium
to be of use:
merchanting-msg   (60K)  9/ 4/04    Merchanting in the SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/COMMERCE/merchanting-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas