[Ansteorra] Merchanting Info.

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 6 17:08:13 PDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 6:51 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> There may also be restrictions put in place by the site owners or by
> the State. I seem to remember that Oklahoma changed some rules making
> it much more difficult to merchant within that state.

They required that all merchants have a valid Oklahoma state Tax ID
(if I recall correctly) for purposes of collecting sales tax --
effectively eliminating "casual/amateur" merchanting. But
"professional" merchants should be in the clear, since of course they
already have a valid Tax ID for every state they operate in, are
collecting sales tax on everything they sell, and are reporting it to
the appropriate state authorities.

(Did I manage to say that with a straight face?)

Michael