[Ansteorra] Spinning question

SuTillery at comcast.net SuTillery at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 11:15:06 PDT 2006

Sorry for the double post but thought I would go ahead and add useful material.

For history there is
Spinning wheels : spinners and spinning byPatricia Baines
this is the best single book I have found although I think th ebibliography was sparse. not uncommon with fiber books

there is info on spinning I think in both Prehistoric textiles and Women's work by Elizabeth Wayland Barber

The how to books that helped most when I was learning were:
Hands on Spinning by Lee Raven
A Handspindle Treasury from the Editors of Spin-Off Magazine

There are other good books out there and a yahoo group
SCA-spinning that may be of interest.

I am not in kingdom yet but will be moving to the northern region soon.

AEla

From: "Chelsea Williams" <baby_sis_83 at hotmail.com>