[Ansteorra] Polls

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:10:50 PDT 2006

I know of two in the last 5 years personally.  One is Morgans, and the
other was Daffyd's squire Fafnir, who got his sword arm broken in a
weird accident (the details are fuzzy).   Both were wearing vambraces,
but I'm not sure of what state Fafnir's vambrace was in.  I know that
Fafnir had to fight weird handed for a while.  Of course, I can't
remember if he was/is right or left handed to begin with.

JP

On 10/23/06, Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace wrote:
> > Third, I've seen no data supporting a need for this regulation.
> > Most of the
> > broken forearms I've seen in SCA combat were from jumping or
> > falling, and in
> > each case I recall, the arms were in vambraces.
> >
> > lo vostre per vos servir
> > Meser Lyonel
>
> I have heard anecdotal evidence ("no sh*t, there I was") of forearms
> being broken by sword blows back in early A.S. (which is presumably
> why that rule is in our rule book). But I've never seen one myself.
>
> Michael Silverhands

"Everybody works, no one quits."