[Ansteorra] Battle of the Pines/Graywood

Martha Elliff polera001 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:27:36 PDT 2006

I'm tired and sore....and glowing with satisfaction.  Thank you to those who
stepped forward and put your heart into this event along with mine.  Not
only shire members, but those who traveled for hours to cook and serve
feast, set up and take down the site, run events, judge events, run a
waterbearing table, do children's activities, haul water, and take care of
countless other details.  Our shire is indeed blessed with many hard-working
friends.  Even the emissaries of the crown pitched in and helped with
equestrian and feast set-up and three teenage boys who were attending their
first event volunteered to serve feast.

Because of all of that hard work, we have some truly fabulous pictures to
show you.  As soon as I finish sorting through them, our vscribe will be
creating a "See What You Missed? page in place of the event announcement on
our website.

Our new champions are:
Rapier-  Don Brian mac Cael
  Received the linen cloak Don Shea made
Chivalric-  Master Airaklee
  Received the buckler Sir Henri donated
Bardic- Brian o'hUilliam
  Received the scroll case Sir Henri and I made
Arts & Sciences-  Catriona of Seawinds
  Received the cedar chest that Sir Henri made and Sir Badon tooled straps
for
Equestrian- Sir Henri le Hibou de Bois
  Received the leather halter by Cyrac and the box of goodies he'd provided
Archery- Johan the Wanderer
  Received the leather combat quiver that Mistress Charla, Sir Henri, and I
made
Youth Boffer- Zachary of Graywood
  Received an inkle woven belt made by Sam and a grape shooter made by Sir
Henri & ammo

Recognized during evening court for their efforts to build our site were Sir
Badon, HL Grim, Ld Lucius, Mistress Jalali, Ld Latham, Ldy Claire,and Ld
Malcolm who are not members of our shire but who worked along side of us
during work weekends to make this happen.  Thank you scrolls with a bit of
original illumination for each were given.  To show our appreciation to
Charles for cooking feast for us, Henri forged a cooking tripod/utensil
stand with S-hooks to further his pursuit as an apprentice.

After feast, Sir Henri and I gave a fire fan show to scare and titillate our
captive audience and then the bonfire in the fire pit was lit off and many
fire spinning feats were performed by our shire, the Shire of Rosenfeld,
Lady Calena of Seawinds.  Everything from poi to the ball of fire, to the
fire sword fight, and the burning flail which resulted in fried frog legs.

It is my hope that those who attended our event enjoyed themselves.  It was
very rewarding to watch our new site come to life.

Shameless plug- Our next event date is Labor Day weekend 2007!

Thanks again to each of you.

Lady Rosalinda de Salerno
Autocrat