[Ansteorra] Polls

Keally Howell/Colleen O'Kelly ldycolleenokelly at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 10:57:30 PDT 2006

I don't fight, but I am a marshal. I always suggest to any new fighters we get at fighter practice that beyond the minimum requirements they need to protect their forearms and legs. I have seen many blows that did not land as they were intended to land and caused serious damage. Armor in these areas will not prevent injuries, but it can lessen the damage that would otherwise be caused. I know fighters that did not use any armor in these areas until they had a serious injury.

  I don't think it should be mandatory, just suggested. This is a game, we should all be having fun. Each fighter should think about what is best for him and armor accordingly. Still staying within SCA and Ansteorra guidelines, of course.

  Just my thoughts as a marshal of Ansteorra.

  Lady Colleen O'Kelly

Jean Paul de Sens <jeanpauldesens at gmail.com> wrote:
  Ok, so we're back from Ireland, and I'll just pretend I didn't see all
of the wanton disregard for the rules that this list spurred in our
absense :)

Starting, well, today, we're gonna start doing some polls on issues
that pertain to the marshallate, so that I can get a broader feel for
the kingdom's preferences, aside from my own individual ones.

The polls will run for a week, and every Monday I'll put up a new one,
until I run out of questions...

This week's question will be

"Should we *require* vambraces as minimum armour?"

You can vote by going to http://marshal.ansteorra.org/armored/

Thanks,

Sieur Jean Paul de Sens
Earl Marshal