[Ansteorra] pottery question

Forrest Hedrick ambrose_blackwood at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 06:58:05 PDT 2006

Greetings,
               I found that if you rub the interior of pottery or bronze containers with plain old parafin and buff it, this creates a nice "proof" against whatever you put in said container from actually touching the material it's made of.  The draw back is anything over 100 degrees will melt the parafin, so don't use this on soup bowls.  Also, after most events, you'll have to repeat the process to restore the "proof".  Trust an old hand at trial and error on these things.  Nothing worse than a morning cup of coffee with a parafin slick across the top.  Try getting that out of moustache without lighter fluid!  But, the parafin trick is great for solids and cold food stuffs.  In the case of wooden receptacles, it helps to prolong the life of the dish/cup. You ca also use olive oil, mineral oil, or some such.  Vegetable oil tends to "turn" and leaves a nasty taste.
  Hope this helps.

In Service to the Dream and Ansteorra,

Lord Ambrose Blackwood von Mapt, al Kaleed Ibn Tarl

Apprentice to Mistress Shanahan the Fey

(more notoriously known as, Fo)