[Ansteorra] What happened to Halloween

Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 29 12:18:42 PST 2006

I remember going out to Trick or Treat as a kid and until I was about 10 my
dad went with me and mom stayed home to dole out the candy to the kids.
After I was about 10 I was allowed to go with my friends alone but only if I
was home by a certain time and didn't go past the boundries he set.  I
didn't have a problem with that.  I wanted the candy and I wanted to be with
my friends.  We had fun running and dressing up.  Mom wouldn't let me have
the home made stuff.  But there was a family down the street who always had
hot apple cider and donut holes inside the house.  They were friends of mine
so it was ok for me to go in and have them.  But even then I remember my
parents taking the stuff that was home made away from me and also the stuff
that was open.  Or those little treat bags that they used to fill with loose
candy - those would get thrown away too.

It's very sad that the world has come to this but I can't say I blame
parents for not wanting their kids to have the homemade stuff.

Maria