[Ansteorra] Coronets and Hats

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:43:55 PDT 2006

At 04:32 PM 9/4/2006, you wrote:

>Should one always wear their Court Barony coronet at events?

Well *I* don't. I normally wear a hat to avoid sunburn.

>Or is it equally as correct to wear a period hat that matches one's costume,
>but then wear one's Court Barony coronet only during court?

"During court" is the most likely time to find me in my coronet, but
even then, it's not 100% of the time. FWIW, I've seen very few
Renaissance-era pictures of people--even kings and queens--wearing
crowns or coronets

>Or must one combine a period hat with a Court Barony coronet?

That's also an option, but it's hardly mandatory.

         -Tivar Moondragon