[Ansteorra] Reputable Armorers in Ansteorra/Central TX Area?

Andrew Benton spearweasel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 10:44:15 PDT 2006

Greetings All Nobles and Gentles,

  I have a brief question. So as not to gag these lists with yet another  repetition of this same question, please feel free to reply privately.  I will resume playing in the Austin/San Marcos area in a few months. I  will primarily be playing a Japanese persona, and will be making my own  1550's-era armor out of ABS, appropriate to the persona. It is more  economical and practical for my current resources, time, tools, and  facilities. My interests lie with medieval Japan, and I really enjoy  glaive/pole fighting, so that all aligns nicely.

  However, I have a pre-existing "generic" European persona that I would  gradually like to gather period harness for, preferably mostly steel. I  haven't narrowed anything down, and I waffle between later Norman  stuff, and a vague "late-1300's to middle 1400's" sergeant-ish  persona... largely because I think the transitional period stuff looks  neat. I'm frankly not a stickler for period details, beyond a certain  level of "looks appropriate on the field". No close-helms and loricas  with a kite shield, if you catch my drift. I used to have harness that  was partially Westig Sterne, but I sold it years ago, and they seem to  have vanished.

  I'd prefer to keep the business local/regional, a) to support local  armorers and b) to be able to see the work first hand when possible  prior to ordering. So, can you recommend a local armorer that isn't  hopelessly backlogged, and offered reasonable rates for relatively  simple armor?

  Again, please reply privately to spearweasel at yahoo.com, because I'm sure this has been asked before.

  Respectfully,

  Kamaitachi no Kansuke/Alexander the Improvised
  Bryn Gwlad, Ansterorra

If you were a poor Indian with no weapons, and a bunch of conquistadors came up to you and asked where the gold was, I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "I swallowed it. So sue me."

-Jack Handey