[Ansteorra] Reputable Armorers in Ansteorra/Central TX Area?

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 13:22:49 PDT 2006

Deliberately replying publicly to get a feel for the people out there:

You ask:

On 9/4/06, Andrew Benton <spearweasel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, can you recommend a local armorer that isn't  hopelessly backlogged,
> and offered reasonable rates for relatively  simple armor?

What would you define as a reasonable rate?  For the most part, all SCA
armour is custom work.  I notice that people don't balk too much at paying
the plumber $40 for a 1 hour house call, but balk at paying for 1 hour's
worth of labor for armor.  I find that interesting.

Btb, Stonekeep Armory (
http://spiers-saddlery.stores.yahoo.net/scagearandar.html) does a great job
of inexpensive simple SCA armour.

  Again, please reply privately to spearweasel at yahoo.com, because I'm sure
> this has been asked before

  Respectfully,

>   Kamaitachi no Kansuke/Alexander the Improvised
>   Bryn Gwlad, Ansterorra

Jean Paul

--
I want to fight and to strive, to vie with my opponents and friends, and at
the end of the day cry out "ENOUGH!!! For I can lift my arms no longer"

That is what is good in life.