[Ansteorra] Uncourteous Peers? (Was Telling someone that what they are

Elizabeth Ellis weavedog91 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 15 21:07:15 PDT 2006

  No offense taken here!  The thing to remember is that we all have good days and bad days, regardless of what kind of title is attached to us.   Just because somebody attains peerage status does not mean that they automatically learn how to behave courteously in all situations, or that they learn to keep their tempers under control 100% of the time, or that they don't get their feelings hurt, etc. etc.  Heck, if those attributes were required to be a peer, I would have been kicked out about two minutes after I was elevated <g>.  A peerage is like any other job - some people seem to handle it well from the get go, others have to go through some on the job training before they can get it right, and some people just never quite figure it out - but most keep on trying.  I think the best thing is to try your best to ignore rudeness no matter who it's from - chances are the person will beat themselves up in private over it anyway when they realize what they did.

  Corrinne

  I do not mean to offend anyone with this missive. I myself strive to be as
courteous as I can be. I know we all have bad days and make mistakes.
So my question is, how do you deal with a rude peer? Do you simply ignore
the rudeness? Ignore the peer?Do I simply chalk this incident up to a bad
day or mistake?