[Ansteorra] Period Tents was telling was is not period

Randy Nicholson rnicholson2 at gvtc.com
Sun Sep 17 11:35:16 PDT 2006

On Period Tents - I have discovered that after 12 Gulf Wars and 20+ years in
the SCA in 4 kingdoms that I have spent more on nylon tents than the latest
period tent I just purchased.  It seemed that after every two or so Gulf
Wars that I had to replace my nylon tent due to the weather tearing it up.

This recent period tent that I just purchased, compared to the money I've
spent over the years in nylon, is way cheaper.  For about the cost of a
really good family sized nylon tent I can have a canvas tent that takes me
and one other person to put up in about 30 minutes.  I have found that I
enjoy my game much more so now, I have a lot more room, and I'm not worried
about the canvas getting ripped up like the nylon ones do.

Here is a link for the place where I bought my tent.  His prices are so good
that you have to keep checking back for in stock items.  But let me tell
you, this guys' customer service has been excellent, the quality is great
(for the price) and the items are shipped very, very quickly.

http://www.midwesttent.com/catalog/

There have been a lot of us in Rhoadd that have purchased these tents so I'm
sure I'm not the only one that would give this merchant a good
recommendation.

YIS
Ld. Robert de Bray