[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkiers and Cell Phones

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 03:48:56 PDT 2006

ke5zw at wt.net wrote somthing that sounded like:
  I'll teach

  YES!  I would LOVE a class because those radios really distract.  I would love to see this class at several large events throughout the Kingdom.  I am all about making what we need to run our events easier not be an offense to the attmosphere we are trying to create...and nothing is as annoying as a squauking radio in court.
  gwyneth

In Service,

HE Niklas Vasilevich

Quoting Hillary Greenslade :

> Walkie-Talkies tend to work better at events were cell phones will
> not have good reception, such as at sites with high trees. My cell
> will not work at Gulf Wars, unless I'm out in an open field, such as
> near the tennis courts or battle fields.
>
> If you are coordinating an event or are a Seneschal for a group,
> don't depend on everyone having the same reception access as yourself,
> if you have great reception. Walkie-Talkies may still be the best use
> of site communication at many events.
>
> But Lorraine raises a good thought - learning good communication
> standards for using Walkie-Talkies and Cell phones at events....
> sounds like a good class - 'Event Communication Protocols',
> anyone qualified to teach it??? If so, offer it at the next
> Round Table or King's College. I'd be interested in taking it!
>
> Cheers, Hillary

believed to be clean.