[Ansteorra] Period on a budget (shoes and pavilion)

Ruh ruhkeddi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 07:09:43 PDT 2006

Ooo, I have some good links to share for this subject.

If you have a few extra bucks and want some decent shoes you can find at least one pair from one of these merchants that you could wear with a wide variety of tunics and such:
http://www.ladyorensmedievalshoes.com/  I like her stuff and her customer service
http://www.medievalshoes.com/  Many people recommend them but I've never purchased from them.

I just so happen to know a lady who is keeping a very detailed diary, complete with photos as she builds her spoke wheel pavilano: http://www.housemorien.org/paviliondiary.htm  She uses a lot of info she got from: http://www.greydragon.org/pavilions and speaks highly of his method.

I hope this helps.
Lady Edith
P.S. I have links to a large number of merchants who provide period goods, both inexpensive and not, if you are looking for something else.

"Sometimes you have to claw your way into the light instead of just standing there letting it shine."
Pledges - Amireal