[Ansteorra] A&S at Elfsea Defender

Deana Covel dmcovel79 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 09:42:04 PDT 2006

Guten Tag!

    There will be two types of A&S competitions at
Defender.  For full details please check out the
website: http://www.elfsea.org/defender/default.htm

Children’s A&S:  11:00 – 1:00 pm - Near the Baronial
Pavilion.
     I want to encourage all the Children of Ansteorra
to display their artisan work.   There will be a
competition exclusively for artisans under the age of
18.  The artisans are split into three age groups:
under 12, 12 – 15; and over 16.
     The items do not have to be period, but should be
SCA appropriate.  No documentation is required but a
“How I made this” guide is recommend, especially for
the oldest group.  Come show the Kingdom your talent
and speak with helpful judges.

	I also ask the populous to stop by the display tables
and leave words of encouragement.

Hiding the Mundane: Throughout the Day.
	There are two prizes for this competition.
1)	Who has the most clever idea to hide a mundane
item?
And
2)	 Who makes their list field or camp area look the
least mundane?

 	“Least Mundane” is a general concept.  Covering your
ice chest with a scrap of left over trigger is not
period, but it looks better than leaving the “Coleman”
logo exposed.  :-)  Have fun with it all.  The judges
will walk about during the day and announce the
winners at court.
	Pick up a white pennant at Gate if you wish to
compete. Tie it to your tent or pavilion.

If you have any questions please contact me.

In Service,
 Lady Hanna von Dahl
 MoAS – Elfsea