[Ansteorra] Fw: Diamond Wars XXI Facts

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Tue Sep 19 12:26:05 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "jocelin_de_rouen" <jocelin_de_rouen at yahoo.com>

Diamond Wars XXI Facts

Fact: Bears* are Mammals
Fact: Bears like to fight** all the time.
Fact: The purpose of a bear is to have a good time***!

*Especially Small Gray Bears
** Wearing armor, of course
*** And we're planning a doozy of one at Diamond Wars XXI!

If you're on-board at Diamond Wars, Lady Allesia Wallace has great
things in store for you.  Included is dinner on both Thursday and
Friday Night, plus the Saturday Feast!  The tentative menu is listed
below.

Friday, naturally, will be the Tournament Day, and we have several
planned! See the list at the bottom of this email.  For info on
Tourney's contact THLord Jon the Tall!

If your idea of a good time is shopping, not fighting, then we still
have that covered.  A dozen merchants are already making plans to be
there with their wares.  A tentative list of them may be viewed at the
Diamond Wars XXI Website (here: http://diamondwars.smallgraybear.com/ )

Enjoy Rapier?  So do we, and you can also see the tentative Rapier
Schedule listed on the DW XXI Website. (link above)  Need more
detailed info on Rapier Activities?  Contact Lord Aron the Dane!

More and More info just keeps pouring in about Diamond Wars XXI!  You
can expect another update next week, listing the War Schedule and the
A&S Schedule!

In service,
Your Diamond Wars Autocrats-
Ld Jocelin FitzHugh de Rouen
Lady Juliana Bonnaire de Cherbourgh
Ld Aron the Dane

Tentative Menu
~Thursday Night Dinner~
Bread
Salad
Soupa Tuscana- Italian Sausage Potato Soup
Bean Soup with Garlic - Vegetarian

~Friday Night Dinner~
Beef Vegetable Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup- no meat, no onion (maybe)
Cold Cut Sandwiches
Veggie Tray

~Saturday Evening's Diamond Wars Feast~

First Remove- Peasants' Feast
Cheese
Bread
Fruit
Potato Leek Soup
Olives
Spinich Salad with bacon

Second Remove- Merchants' Feast
Chicken with Almonds and Herbs on trenchers
Spiced Pork Dumplings with Sauce
Dilled Carrots with Butter
Herbed Cheese Tartlets

Third Remove- Nobles' Feast
Roaste Beast with Vegetables (still figuring out what beastie)
Waldron Pyes in the French Style with brandy sauce
Additional Undetermined Side Dish
Comfits
Tournament Schedule!

Friday
9am - Armour inspection begins
10 am - Lady's choice/ Solar Tournament
11 am - Order of Ares sponsored Tournament
12 pm - Lunch
1 pm - Marshin Fayne sponsored Great Axe Tourney
2 pm - Sable Banner sponsored 5 Man Melee Tournament
3 pm- Nevermore Tourney

Lady's Choice/ Solar - Format under development
Order of Ares - single elimination, 6 ft. Spears
Marshin Fayne - Great Axes will be provided
Sable Banner - 5 man melee tournament, limit 2 knights per team
Nevermore - for those who have never won a tourney before

Sponsors will need to provide there own list master/ mistress, herald
and marshals.