[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkies and Cell Phones

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 12:53:30 PDT 2006

Master Tivar,

I think it is not only because of the advent of modern technology but also
progressively larger events, progressively larger number of activities, those
activities runing simultaneously, and an aging population.

Back when there were 50 people gathered around one or two list fields
and that was the primary activity center...it was much easier to keep
track of your family.

LDeerSlayer

Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote: While I agree that instant communication is convenient, and being
able to get on-the-spot weather reports can be helpful, I find myself
wondering: how in the world did we manage to survive the first twenty
or thirty years in the SCA *without* cell phones or walkie-talkies?
I'm amazed that we weren't all drowned in our beds and still managed
to keep track of our friends and families.

 -Tivar Moondragon