[Ansteorra] Period seam finishing...

Sunny Briscoe sunnyday72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:02:20 PDT 2006

There are 3 excellent books I would like to recomend:
Textiles and Clothing, from The Museum of London
Woven Into the Earth, I forget who wrote this
Development of Costume, by Naomi Tarrant

The first two show extant garments from about the time period and location
you are looking at.  The third shows layouts, and clear seam variation
drawings.  As it turns out, most modern seams had a medieval equivelant
(even serging, just overcast the edge.)

I am fond of flat felled seams for any place that will take stress.

Elisabetta